2 ea. Lamb Racks, frenched
¼ cup Coffee, finely ground
2 Tbsp. Paprika
1 Tbsp. Oregano, chopped
1 Tbsp. Thyme, chopped
1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
½ Tbsp. Dry mustard
½ Tbsp. Black pepper, ground
½ Tbsp. Coriander, ground
1 pinch Cayenne
to taste Salt
CHANTERELLE MUSHROOMS AND HARICOT VERTS
4 oz Olive oil
3 Tbsp. Garlic, sliced thin
1 ½ lb. Chanterelle mushrooms, large ones cut into quarters
1 lb. Haricot verts, blanched
6 ea. Mission figs, cut in quarters
3 cups Arugula
6 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
to taste Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Season the lamb racks with salt and pepper. Let sit for 15 minutes or longer.
- Combine coffee, paprika, oregano, thyme, sugar, mustard, pepper, coriander, cayenne and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle generously over the lamb racks
- For the Salad: Place the garlic and olive oil in a small sauté pan. Cook over low heat until the garlic is translucent and soft – approximately 5 minutes. Drain well, reserving the garlic and oil separately. Heat a sauté pan over medium high. Add 1 ounce of the reserved oil and mushrooms. Sauté until the mushrooms are slightly caramelized and cooked through, season with salt and pepper. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the garlic, haricot verts, arugula and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the balsamic and all but 1 Tablespoon of remaining oil from cooking the garlic. Whisk well and adjust seasoning. Season mushroom salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
- For the Lamb Racks: Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 Tablespoon reserved oil and the lamb racks. Cook over medium heat to brown all over. Be careful not to burn the spices. Place the seasoned meat on a rack in preheated oven. Cook until 130 ° F. on an instant-read thermometer. (approx. medium rare). Transfer to a platter, tent with foil to keep hot and let rest for 10 minutes until ready to serve.
- To Serve: Add the figs to the salad. Gently toss. Slice the lamb into 6 pieces (3 per rack). Place a spoonful of the mushroom salad slightly off center on the plate. Lean the chops against the salad, drizzle with any remaining vinaigrette.