Beef Fillet with Mushrooms
4 ea. beef filet, 5 oz.
4 cups mushrooms, assorted, such as wild forest
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
1/4 cup shallots, minced
salt & pepper, to taste
Blue Cheese Padron Pepper Butter
2 Tbsp. shallots, small dice
1 cup butter, unsalted, room temp.
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (your favorite)
2 tsp. chives, chopped
1/4 cup Padron peppers, roasted, seeded, small dice
1 tsp. Fleur de Sel or kosher salt
Blue Cheese Padron Butter
- In a small pot, sweat the shallots in 1 tsp. of butter until translucent.
Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, combine the butter, shallots and remaining ingredients in a
bowl and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a piece of
parchment or wax paper and roll into 1” wide log. Place in
refrigerator to chill and firm.
- Slice butter into 3/4” thick slices. Bring to room temperature when
ready to serve.
Beef Filet & Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Season the beef all over with salt and pepper. Let sit for 15 min. or longer.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Place the beef in the pan, flat side down. Sear the beef until golden brown, flip and cook on the other side, then rotate the meat so that the meat browns all over. Finish in the oven if necessary. Cook to medium rare, 130º-135º F. Let sit in a warm spot for 10 min.
- Degrease the pan and return to the heat. Add the mushrooms and oil. Sauté for 3-5 min. or until golden brown. Clear a spot in the center of the pan, add shallots and garlic and let cook for 1 min., then toss with the mushrooms. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Place the mushrooms in the center of the plate. Slice the steak in 6 pieces. Place 3 slices on each plate. Place a slice of butter on top of the filet (the butter should melt when placed on the filet).