Lemony Shrimp Pasta
Pairs With California Pinot Gris
- 20, 5 per person, 16/20 size sustainable shrimp
- 1 c EVOO
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley, cleaned and chopped
- 1 lemon (meyer has the best juice)
- 1 tsp chili flakes, add more to taste
- 1 package of thin spaghetti
- 1/4 c fresh grated Parmesan
Clean and deshell shrimp.
Sliver, sliced thinly, cloves of garlic.
Zest lemon, squeeze juice.
Clean and chop parsley.
Bring salted water to a boil. Cook the thin spaghetti 8-9 minutes, al dente.
In a hot pan, add half of the olive oil, sautee shrimp Cook 2-3 minutes, it’s important not to overcook. Remove shrimp from pan.
Add remaining olive oil, slivered garlic, cook until the garlic is light brown.
Add shrimp, lemon zest, squeezed lemon juice, chili flakes, and almost all of the chopped parsley all into the pan of garlic Add cooked pasta into the pan and toss.
Sprinkle remainder of parsley, and garnish with Parmesan.
Serve pasta with five shrimp per person.